I do things with words, mainly English and Arabic
Electronic Intifada, 15th July 2013
Entering the gallery, you are confronted by an eight-foot-high replica of the wall. It stretches away to your left, forming a narrow corridor, funneling the viewer towards the bulk of the exhibition. This includes a selection of sports objects — footballs and a basketball, soccer boots, table-tennis bats and ball and a discus — all cast from concrete patiently (and riskily) chipped from the wall itself. The lightness and mobility of sport contrasts with the dead weight of the actual objects, which can barely be lifted.
The theme continues with a split-screen video of Jarrar and British artist Jeremy Hutchison playing squash over the wall. The different conditions on each side are brought into sharp focus by the simultaneity of the films; on the Palestinian side, the ground is rough, the wall bare and ugly, with graffiti scrawled on it. On the Israeli side, the road is newly metalled and tidy, and the wall itself — in an act of bizarre denial — has been attractively painted. Only the blue sky above is shared.
The full article is here.
Your blog is wonderful! I have nominated you for LIEBSTAR BLOG AWARD!
TO COPY THE AWARD PHOTO, here is the link: http://amidereve.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/liebster-blog-award.jpeg
As usual there are several rules in accepting the Liebster Award– they are:
1. Accept the award, post the picture of the Liebster Award on the top of your post and say who nominated you for the award and list their blog site.
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers for the Liebster Award and list their blog sites.
4. Notify the bloggers of their award.
5.Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer when they accept their Liebster Award.
6. Answer the questions left for you by the blogger who gave you the award.
My Nominations of 11 other bloggers for the Liebster Award and their blog sites:
1. Beautiful Absurdity http://www.beautiful-absurdity.com If you ever need a recommend to read a book, visit Sham’s beautiful blog, she reviews the books she reads, but also, she write about life and nothing more.
2. Thestifledartist: http://thestifledartist.com/
If you love Art with all its glories, then you will love this blog.
3. Mystery Tramp: http://samnorthcote.wordpress.com/
Traveling and writing about one’s experience in different places never been better.
4. Sarah Irving: https://sarahirving.wordpress.com/
Sarah’s writing about the Middle East is a must read for any one wishing to have an alternative take of the region.
5. Lost in Translation: http://bopaula.wordpress.com/
Paula’s blog is beautiful for it is use of personal Photography and Sound Recording, she also has a weekly challenge that you could participate.
6. Kitku: http://kitku.wordpress.com/
Wonderful blog for any cinephile, review of new and classic films worth writing about.
7. Bumba: http://bumbastories.wordpress.com/
Little details of life captured to utmost details, wonderful.
8. Tersia Burger: http://tersiaburger.com/
Some of the most beautiful, sincere and emotional writings that I have read of recent did not come from a book, but rather from this blog.
9. Word Wabbit: http://wordwabbit.wordpress.com/
You discover many things hiding in this blog, explore it.
10. Historianil: http://historianil.wordpress.com/
If you read German, then this a blog for you, if not, then use Google Translate, for it is still a blog for you.
11. Chiarina Loggia: http://chiaink.wordpress.com/
One word is enough to describe this blog: Beautiful.
11 questions from me to respond to with your acceptance of the Liebster Award (or choose 5 of the 11):
1. What is the first thing you do in the morning?
2. What is your best quality and draw us a portrait of yourself in writing or a poem.
3. Which is your favorite meal of the day…breakfast? lunch? dinner? and describe it.
4. What do you enjoy most in life?
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
6. What do you “see” when you write? What is the your writing process?
7. Why are you a blogger?
8. What is the most important lesson you have learned in your life?
9. What is your greatest fear and how do you work through it?
10. If you could meet any person in the world, who would it be and why?
11. What do you imagine life to be like after death?
Hope you accept the award :)